What better way to use overripe bananas than by making banana bread with them? This recipe produces a delicious and moist banana bread. February 23 is National Banana Bread Day, so be sure to mark it on your calendar, so that you can celebrate the day with this delightful banana bread.
Banana Bread with Nuts (Banana Nut Bread)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°F. Prepare an 8 by 4 by 2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg, bananas, sugar, cooking oil, and lemon zest. Add the egg mixture all at once to the dry mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in the nuts and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan; let cool completely on the rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- Bananas can be frozen for up to 6 months. You can wrap bananas in cling film, still in their skins, and use later to make breads, pies, cakes, etc. It is normal for the peel to darken and the texture to change.
- Overripe bananas are perfect for banana bread.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted