I prefer making most of my condiments from scratch instead of buying the unhealthy versions from the store. I want to keep my meals as healthy as possible, which isn’t easy to do, so whenever I can make something from scratch, I will do just that. This brown sauce is delicious and full of flavor, I guarantee you won’t miss the store-bought one.
- Skin the onion, then slice and fry it in fat until it begins to shrivel. Reduce the heat.
- Add the flour and cook slowly until it is a rich brown color. Take care not to burn the flour.
- Add the stock and seasoning and bring to the boil.
- Grate the carrot and add to the sauce and cook for 1⁄2 hour.
- Strain the sauce and serve.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted