I love the flavor of this chicken curry pie. It is deliciously spicy without being too overpowering, plus it tastes way better than the store-bought one. Making it is, well, as easy as pie (sorry, I couldn’t help myself lol). It’s so easy that both my teenagers can make it just as well as I do.
Chicken Curry Pie
- Heat the oil and fry the chicken pieces until light brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and curry powder and sauté lightly for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, milk, potato, sugar, and seasoning. Thicken with flour, dissolved in a little water if necessary.
- Sift the flour and salt. Cut the butter into small pieces and rub it into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Beat the remaining ingredients together and add them to the flour mixture. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 3mm.
- Place pastry over the chicken filling. Cut a few holes and decorate with pastry off-cuts. Bake in a preheated oven at 390°F/200°C for 20 – 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Making coconut milk: To get 1⁄2 cup of coconut milk, boil 4/5 cup fresh milk and 4 tablespoons desiccated coconut for about 5 minutes. Strain through a cloth or sieve.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted