I personally don’t eat prawns but my family loves them. I also don’t like to cook foods that I don’t eat so the prawn department is my husband’s department. This is one of the recipes that he uses to prepare prawns at home. I can’t say for sure how good they are, but our children give them rave reviews every time he makes them.
Chili And Mint Prawns
- Combine the mint jelly, lemongrass, garlic, lime zest and juice, chili, and soy sauce. Pour over the prawns, cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan (or wok).
- Drain the prawns, but reserve the liquid. Fry over high heat until golden. Lower the heat, add the liquid back and allow it to bubble and thicken slightly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the green beans, carrots, and spring onions until the spring onions are limp. Add the prawns and heat through.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the instructions on the packet, top with the prawn mixture and serve at once.
- You can use 1.1 lb (500g) chicken or lamb instead of prawns. Other vegetables, such as mange tout peas, red and yellow pepper strips, baby corn, or broccoli florets, may also be included.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted