Combine these two delicious flavors into one in this pinwheel biscuit. They are fun to make and they would be a hit at children’s parties. You don’t have to limit yourself to these two flavors though, you can experiment with other flavors too. Just remember to use food coloring so that you can tell the different flavors apart.
Choc-Orange Pinwheel Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar very well. Add the vanilla and beat in the condensed milk. Add the baking powder and sifted flour gradually. If the dough is still very stiff, do not add all the flour.
- Divide the mixture in half. Add the cocoa powder to one half and the orange rind to the other half.
- Roll out each half on a sheet of non-stick baking paper to about 40 x 24cm and 5mm thick. Place the white layer on top of the brown layer and roll up tightly like a Swiss roll, using the paper to help you.
- Chill for 30 minutes then cut into 5mm thick slices. Place on a greased baking tray and bake until light golden and crisp, about 10-12 minutes.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted