Cottage pie is similar to shepherd’s pie but they differ in that in cottage pie, beef mince is used, and in shepherd’s pie lamb mince is used instead. This a delicious pie that you and your family will love.
Country Cottage Pie
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic, then brown the mince.
- Add the green pepper, tomatoes, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Combine the cornflour with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the mixture. Cook until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Place the mince mixture in an ovenproof dish and set aside.
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft, then mash.
- Add the powdered milk to water, stir into the mash, add the salt and pepper.
- Place the mash on top of the mince, bake at 350°F/180°C for 30 mins or until golden brown.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted