August 4th is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, and what better way to celebrate this day than with these giant chocolate chip cookies! They are easy to make and your whole family will love them.
Giant Chocolate Chunk Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and continue beating until well blended.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the butter mixture. Mix lightly until just combined.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate and nuts.
- Bake about 4 biscuits at a time only. Drop heaped tablespoons, no less than 7.5cm apart, onto the lined baking trays.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before sliding the baking paper, with the biscuits still intact, onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container to keep the biscuits fresh and crisp.
- Never overwork the dough as this will result in tough cookies.
- There is no need to spread the dough as it will spread whilst cooking.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted