My husband, who is no way a baker, decided one day that he would give baking a shot. I gave him this recipe to try and I was very impressed with the results. The bread came out just as good as when I bake it myself! It’s such a simple recipe and it’s great for baking with children.
- Mix the sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves in a bowl.
- Add the oil and molasses, stirring until well blended.
- Mix the soda into the boiling water, and immediately stir into the mixture.
- Add the flour gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the beaten eggs.
- Pour into a greased baking pan and bake at 350°F/180°C for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm, topped with whipped cream or lemon sauce.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted