Here is another recipe from my lamb recipe collection. It is delicious but also pretty easy to make. If you want to impress your guests, treat them to this Middle Eastern inspired dish and they will beg you for more.
Lamb Tagine With Fresh Black Figs
- In a large bowl, mix together the lamb cubes, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger, garlic, saffron, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Leave to marinate, refrigerated, for at least 12 hours.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a heavy pan, add the marinated lamb in batches and cook until browned, about 20 minutes per batch.
- Stir in the tomato paste, onion, cinnamon, and stock, and heat to a simmer. Cover and gently cook, stirring occasionally, about 90 minutes.
- Add the honey, fresh coriander, and parsley. Season and cook until thickened, about another 15 minutes.
- Serve with steamed couscous and fresh figs, quartered and placed on top at the last moment.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted