Whenever I make cheesecake, I like to make different flavors every time but this lemon cottage cheesecake turns out to be the most requested one in my household! This recipe uses cottage cheese in place of cream cheese. Unlike traditional cheesecake recipes, it is not prone to fail.
Lemon Cottage Cheese Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Prepare a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Mix the crumbs with 1⁄2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Set aside 3⁄4 cup of the mixture to sprinkle over the top; press the remainder into the prepared springform pan.
- Beat the eggs with the remaining 1 cup of sugar until light; add salt, lemon juice, zest, cream, cottage cheese, and flour; beat thoroughly and strain through a fine sieve.
- Pour into the lined pan, and sprinkle with nuts and the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the center is set. Turn off the heat, open the oven door, and let stand in the oven for 1 hour or until cooled.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted