I didn’t know that there was a liver meatloaf variation until one of our friends served it to us when we visited her home. I had doubts at first, but I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious it tasted. She was kind enough to teach me how to make it from scratch, and since then, it has become a regular feature on our dinner table.
- Cook the liver in water (to cover) for 5 minutes, then grind.
- Combine the liver, white sauce, mashed potatoes, and seasonings.
- Pack into a greased pan and bake at 350°F/180°C for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan before turning out when done.
- Remove the skin and tubes from the liver before cooking.
- You can make your own thick white sauce using this recipe.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted