When cooking pickled fish, it is best to prepare it a few days in advance, in order to give the flavors time to develop. You will love how good it tastes. You can use just about any type of fish for this recipe.
- Bone the fish and cut into neat slices. Steam.
- Mix the vinegar with water, boil, and add onions which have been thinly sliced.
- Mix the curry, cornflour, sugar, a sprinkling of salt and pepper; add to the vinegar mixture, and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Place the fish in a glass dish and the curry mixture over it; add the peppercorns and bay leaf.
- This should be left in a refrigerator for 3 – 4 days before using.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted