Follow this step by step recipe for the perfect Scotch egg. It is easy to make and tastes really good. It is great for breakfast or as a snack. It’s quite filling too.
- Heat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Prepare a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the sausage, one raw egg, and white pepper. Form into six patties of equal size. Mold each patty around one hard-boiled egg.
- Lightly whisk the remaining uncooked egg in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the flour, parsley, sage, nutmeg, and crumbled pork rinds.
- Dip each sausage-coated egg in the whisked egg then roll them in the flour mixture.
- Place the eggs on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until they are dark golden brown. Rotate the eggs several times during baking to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with a creamy butter sauce or a little Dijon mustard.
- Scotch eggs, sausage-coated hard-boiled eggs that are baked or sometimes deep-fried, make a great breakfast item. You can also serve them with a salad for a light dinner.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted