Here is another dessert that I absolutely love. I can actually have trifle on its own for lunch (don’t judge me hahaha). I usually assemble 2 versions, the Sherry one for the adults, and the alcohol-free version for the kids. Those who don’t take alcohol can simply skip the Sherry in this recipe.
- Make the jelly according to the instructions on the package and allow it to set.
- While the jelly is setting, slice the Swiss roll and place a few slices in the bottom around the sides of the bowl. Pour the Sherry onto the cake and dollop teaspoonfuls of the jam onto the cake.
- Once the jelly is set, spoon it into the bowl in large spoonfuls.
- Pour in a little custard, taking care to hold the cake against the side of the bowl while adding the custard.
- Alternate between the remaining slices of cake, spoonfuls of jelly, and custard.
- Top with whipped cream and decorate with toasted flaked almonds, cherries, and angelica.
- You can slice up a sponge cake and use it in place of the Swiss rolls. You can find a nice sponge cake recipe here.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted