Here is another sugarless scone recipe for those who want sugar-free scones. They are tasty and can also be enjoyed by those who love the sweet stuff.
Simple Oven Fresh Scones
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C. Prepare a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a bowl. Mash the butter into the flour with a fork until crumbly. Mix with enough milk to form a soft but not sticky dough.
- Form the mixture into a ball on a lightly floured surface, squeezing it very gently to remove most of the cracks. Handle as little as possible.
- Roll or pat the dough into a 3⁄4 inch thick round. Cut into wedges and place them a couple of inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Reshape and cut the trimmings as necessary.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until they have risen and are golden brown. The base should sound hollow when lifted (wear an oven glove) and tapped with your fingers.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly; they are best when served warm.
- Feel free to experiment with adding fruit, cheese and/or seasonings.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted