When my husband cooks meat, he sometimes likes to prepare this tomato chili relish to go with the meat. He especially likes it with beef. It has a slight kick to it but it isn’t too strong for those who don’t like hot foods. I also enjoy it with chicken and pork.
Tomato Chili Relish
- Place half the tomatoes, plus the chili, garlic, and fish sauce in a food processor and blend to a puree.
- Place this puree into a heavy-based saucepan with the sugar, lime leaves, and raisins and bring to the boil, slowly stirring.
- Dice the remaining tomatoes and add to the saucepan.
- Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for about 45 minutes. If the tomatoes are watery, this may take longer, but the relish will thicken when cold.
- Serve with a meat of your choice.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted