Here’s how you can make your own velvet sponge cake from scratch. This cake is soft and has a velvet-like texture that everyone will love. It is versatile and will allow you to try different flavor variations. Did I also mention that it is easy to make? Try it out and see for yourself.
Velvet Sponge Cake
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks until they’re a very light colour. Add sugar and continue beating until fluffy.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add to the yolk mixture. Beat in the hot water and lastly beat in the flour and baking powder.
- Pour into a well greased tin and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F/180°C.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- When cool, ice with your icing of choice.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted