I love to eat waffles with syrup, but my children prefer to have them with ice cream so instead of having them for breakfast, we end up having them as an afternoon snack. These days I rarely make them myself, my son usually makes them as they have somewhat become his specialty. This is the recipe that we use in our household, it is a very easy one and produces delicious waffles.
- In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the egg yolks, mix with milk, and add to the dry ingredients, beating thoroughly.
- Add melted butter and mix well, fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake in a hot waffle iron until brown and puffed.
- Serve with honey or syrup.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted