If you’re looking to get creative with your brown rice, here is a recipe that our kids have loved since they were little. Brown rice is a healthy alternative to regular white rice, making it perfect for anyone who wants to eat healthy meals. It is also suitable for a weight loss diet.
Wild And Brown Rice Pilaff With Orange, Pine Nuts And Raisins
- Melt the butter and sauté the onion, celery, and green pepper for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in the rice and slowly add 2/5 cup of stock and allow to simmer about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and transfer the rice mixture to an ovenproof casserole dish with an airtight lid.
- Pour in the remaining stock and orange juice, cover and place in the oven until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in the orange zest, sprinkle with pine nuts, raisins, and parsley.
- Serve with gremolata chicken.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted