I enjoy eating potatoes with the skin still on, as I find that it gives them a nice and unique taste. My daughter brought this recipe home after a sleepover at her friend’s place (and I can’t begin to tell you how proud I felt in that moment). I absolutely love how my family shares my love for baking and cooking, and how much they like to be involved in the day to day cooking in our household.
Yukon Gold Potatoes -Jacques Pepin Style
- Place the potatoes (unpeeled) in a deep pot and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the potatoes halfway with the chicken stock, about 3 cups. Add the butter and cover the pot.
- Cook the potatoes in the stock until almost tender, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Once the stock has evaporated, pop each potato using a ladle or large spoon, creating a small crack in each, but do not smash.
- Allow the potatoes to brown on each side, another 5 minutes, and re-season with salt and pepper if necessary or desired.
- Remove the browned potatoes from the pot and place them onto a serving platter. Garnish with parsley.
Sign up for our newsletter so that you can be notified every time a new recipe is posted